Debt Relief Order (DRO)
Learn more about Debt Relief Orders (DRO)
What is a Debt Relief Order (DRO)?
Debt Relief Orders (DRO) is a formal debt solution designed for people with little or no assets and low income.
If you don’t own your own home & have little spare income and debts that are less than £30,000 a Debt Relief Order (DRO) could be a way to deal with your debts. It is an alternative debt solution to Bankruptcy or an Individual Voluntary Arrangement and available to residents of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Benefits and Considerations of a Debt Relief Order (DRO)
Benefits of a Debt Relief Order
- Typically a Debt Relief Order lasts twelve months
- Debt Relief Orders don’t require you to make payments into them
- Creditors are stopped from taking any further action against you
- There is a small fee of £90 for starting a Debt Relief Order that can be paid in instalments
- A Debt Relief Order is relatively simple process to start and can be done through various charity organisations
Considerations of a Debt Relief Order
- Your credit rating will be affected for six years
- Owning your own property or having assets over £2,000 will stop you entering into a Debt Relief Order
- A Debt Relief Order may be cancelled if you do not comply or if your circumstances change during the the 12 month period, for example if you’re able to make payments towards you debt(s)
- Entering into a DRO will be recorded on a public register
- If you can afford more than £75 after your monthly essentials have been budgeted for then you will not qualify
We're here to help people get debt free
At UK Debt Service we specialise in Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs) and help people become debt free.
Our advisors are here to listen and help you understand the options available based on your individual circumstances and see if an IVA is the most appropriate solution.
Start your journey towards a debt free future today and see if you qualify for an IVA.
Debts we can help with
We can help with unsecured debts including the below and more
Council Tax Arrears, HMRC debt & benefits overpayment
Payday loans, bank loans & overdrafts
Credit cards, store cards & catalogues
Bailiff Enforcement & Debt Collector Action
County Court Judgments (CCJs) & Attachment of Earnings
How to get started in three steps
We will guide you every step of the way to help you get back to enjoying life knowing you're in control of your debts
Complete the online form or call us on 0330 320 0827
Talk to the experts
Talk with us so we can understand your circumstances and take you through your options
Make an informed decision
We'll give you all the information you need to make an informed decision
Check if you qualify for an IVA
Start your journey to a debt free future today. Complete the form and one of our expert advisers will call you back.
UK Debt Services specialises in IVAs, but we will always review your circumstances and let you know all debt solutions available so you can make an informed decision.